The focus of this bundle is to raise the level of background knowledge, mathematical and physical, that is needed for addressing complex problems with HPC tools.
HPC helps engineers, data scientists, designers, and other researchers solve large, complex problems in far less time and at less cost than traditional computing. The primary benefits of HPC are: Reduced physical testing: HPC can be used to create simulations, eliminating the need for physical tests.
Skills to be gained:
- Be familiar with the workflow of using HPC
- Understand the main parallelisation principles
- Take advantage of shared and distributed memory systems as well as accelerators
- Understand the parallelization principles at using HPC to solve problems
- Understanding the theoretical background of exploratory data analysis and modelling