In order to prepare yourself for the use of HPC enabled tools, you have to be familiar with basic programming skills. Therefore a bundle of the most needed programming skills is here to help you.
Parallel programming describes the breaking down of a larger problem into smaller steps. Instructions are delivered to multiple processors, which will execute necessary calculations in parallel – hence the name.
Skills to be gained:
- Knowing how to set up and run data analysis in parallel on an HPC cluster with R and Python
- Write parallel programs using MPI, OpenMP and CUDA
- Parallelize serial programs by means of MPI, OpenMP and CUDA
- Combine MPI with OpenMP or MPI with CUDA
- Understand the discretization of a problem in order to transfer from real-life case to a numerical one
- Parallelization of Machine and Deep Learning tasks to use multiple compute nodes and/or multiple accelerators (GPUs)