Description:While a decade and more ago problems with obtaining enough data presented a severe issue, in our modern world increasingly more everyday activities are being digitized thus establishing a newly occurring problem, how to cope with Big Data. This presents especially a problem in scientific environment and future quality product development (for instance how to deal with data gathered from IOT vehicles). One of the basic steps in development presents detecting and describing the problem to be solved. HPC presents the necessary tools to overcome this problem. While tackling Big Data problems in many cases elementary or standard statistical approaches fail. New research methods are required to be developed to tackle such problems.
Workflow:The distribution of covered topics through 5 days training is foreseen as:
- Day 1; The first day of training is orientated on introducing HPC as a tool and related super-computing tools. Participants will get familiar with using the Linux operating system and connecting multiple computers into a cluster. To achieve this they have to get familiar with HPC design and performance. For the purpose of training event management usage of the e-learning platform has to be explained. Each participant will participate with computer and will be granted access to a local HPC.
- Day 2; Participants will listen to lectures about the presented topics of HPC in Data Science with a focus on Big Data. Focus will be on describing and recognising emerging Big Data problems. Various mathematical approaches to dealing with the problem will be discussed. Presentation of usage and practical examples will be given from educators and professionals.
- Day 3; During the third day the detecting of Big Data issues in line with IOT will be presented. The day will be divided into two sections. Participants will listen to lectures (tutorials) in the morning and hands-on tutorials will be shown in the afternoon.
- Day 4; During the fourth day of the training distributed Big data analysis frameworks will be presented, which at the time of writing are for example Spark, Dask. The day will be divided into two sections. Participants will listen to lectures (tutorials) in the morning and hands-on tutorials will be shown in the afternoon.
- Day 5; Presentation of a high demanding research or innovation projects and solution with usage of HPC. This is an opportunity to invite business professionals to show cases from research and development of new products. Conclusion of the training. If possible, a tour of a super-computer facility will be organised. There will be open discussion about the quality of received knowledge and evaluation of presented topics by participants.