The need for usage of FEM software for products analysis, suitable for today's competitive market, is present at all levels. Participants will be introduced with tools for using HPC that enable addressing problems with higher complexity, and more detailed analysis of problems. Since most of the HE FEM courses are conducted using only one software, typically commercially available, introducing themselves also with Open Source Software and different approaches is beneficial for broadening the perspective. The distribution of covered topics through 5 days training is foreseen as:
- Day 1; The first day of training is orientated on introducing HPC as a tool and related super-computing tools. Participants will get familiar with using the Linux operating system and connecting multiple computers into a cluster. To achieve this they have to get familiar with HPC design and performance. For the purpose of training event management usage of the e-learning platform has to be explained. Each participant will participate with computer and will be granted access to a local HPC.
- Day 2; Participants will listen to lectures about the presented topics of HPC in Engineering with a focus on FEM. Focus will be on transition from dealing with FEM problems, suitable for handling with PCs towards more demanding problems, that require usage of HPC. Presentation of usage and practical examples will be given fromeducators and professionals.
- Day 3; During the third day of the training commercially available software (ANSYS Workbench) will be presented. The day will be divided into two sections. Participants will listen to lectures (tutorials) in the morning and hands-on tutorials will be shown in the afternoon.
- Day 4; During the fourth day of the training open source software (Elmer and Code-Aster) will be presented. The day will be divided into two sections. Participants will listen to lectures (tutorials) in the morning and hands-on tutorials will be shown in the afternoon.
- Day 5; Presentation of a high demanding research or innovation project and solution with usage of HPC. This is an opportunity to invite business professionals to show cases from research and development of new products. Conclusion of the training. If possible, a tour of a super-computer facility will be organised. There will be open discussion about the quality of received knowledge and evaluation of presented topics by participants.